okay, so maybe i’m using the word “morning” loosely. i did, after all, just finish my wonderful breakfast & it is now almost 2 p.m. after the week i’ve had, i can’t say i even feel the slightest bit guilty about it & why should i? these pancakes are about as healthy as pancakes can be–honey instead of sugar, whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose & greek yogurt instead of oil or butter. also, i should mention that nathan actually made these (although i pulled out all the ingredients, pulled up the base recipe, & thought up the substitutions & additions). even though i love cooking for others, it is nice to relax & let someone else do the dirty work every now & then :)
-2 cups whole wheat flour
-2 tsp baking powder
-1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1/4 tsp salt
-2 1/2 cups almond milk
-1/2 cup greek yogurt
-1 tbsp vanilla extract
-1 1/2 tbsp honey
-1 banana, mashed
-1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1) heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat. meanwhile, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt) in a large bowl.
2) combine wet ingredients (all remaining except fruit) right on top of dry ingredients.
3) whisk wet & dry ingredients together until smooth.
4) whisk in the fruits. blueberries may bleed if frozen. if you don’t want this to happen, add a few to each pancake after you’ve spooned them onto the skillet.
5) spoon 1/4 cups of batter onto the heated skillet. let cook until edges start to brown & bubbles appear on surface (about 3-4 minutes). flip & cook for another couple minutes. when both sides are cooked, transfer to a plate. repeat until the rest of the batter is used up.
6) enjoy with butter & maple syrup, if desired.
*this recipe makes about 15 pancakes & was adapted from here (i originally saw it on pinterest).
nathan wanted them to be a little lighter & fluffier, but he still liked them. i honestly couldn’t tell the difference. i thought they were delicious. then again, i don’t eat pancakes too often because i am not a huge breakfast person, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.